Thursday, March 13, 2014

We Didn't Start The Fire Round Two: Peyton Place
This was for the WDSTF second round swap.  I picked Peyton Place because it was a movie and a book.  I thought this image was kind of haunting and striking.  I wanted to give a cold chilled feeling than one with a brighter outlook.  I knew the subject matter of the material was rather shocking and dour so I wanted to kind of isolate the colors to just the center and then surround the rest of the card with greys and blacks.  I was pleased with the carving of the two characters but the small town below them didn't come out as well as I had hoped.   There was a muddled look to it and it wasn't as detailed as I had hoped so it looked lost.  You could make out some trees and shapes but wondered if the look of a town came across as well as it could.

No comments:

Post a Comment