Sunday, March 16, 2014


Movies Of A Different Color: Jackie Brown
This was for my annual movie themed swap that i host.  This year i decided on movies that contain a color in the title.  There was obviously so many choices but i settled on Jackie Brown because it was a movie i really enjoy by one of my favorite directors but also because the color brown was not one of the popular choices of colors picked.  I wanted to have a variety of colors in the swap so this seemed like a good choice.  I ended up doing an overlay card on top of the main one with a die cut and an embossed title.  I had found this interesting embossing powder that had a mixture of browns and golds.  It was like rusty copper or something like that.  I also had a bunch of this blue card stock that i wanted to use since printing on darker colors sometimes does not work as well so i thought embossing on it and using a die cut would work.  The main card i ended up putting together my own collage of images pieced together.  If you have seen the movie then all the images make sense but it was a challenge to piece them all together and get the right mix i wanted and to also have Jackie Brown show through under the die cut.  I think this card came out exactly as it looked in my head.  I wish some of the colors i used worked a little better but i think that it depended on what type of card stock i used for the main card and so even though i tried quite a few, i'm not necessarily pleased with the color palette.  But overall it did come out fairly well and was a nice addition to the swap.

No comments:

Post a Comment