Sunday, July 14, 2013

Movies By The Numbers: 
3:10 to Yuma
This was for my second tracker that i hosted.  I had done a similar movie themed swap the year before for the Oscars and i thought i would do another since the first one went so well.  There were so many great choices to choose from and i narrowed it down to about five before finally settling on Yuma.  I just always loved western movies and the new version with Russell Crowe and Christian Bale was such a great remake that i ended up picking this title.  I love trying to do stylized poster renditions of my cards.  I want to make them either look like little posters or covers to books.   I ended up finding this great old textured paper and I used a roller edger to make it look like an old WANTED poster of that era.  Then i used a darker brown ink edging pad to do all the borders.  The title was a separate stamp.  I thought the line work wasn't too bad except that the train and the tracks could have been a little more thinner and cleaner but overall this was one of my favorites to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment