Sunday, March 31, 2013

Game of Thrones: Tyrion Lannister
This card is from the Game of Thrones tracker I joined.  Both my wife and I are huge fans of the T.V. series and she has read the books as well so it was fun to host a tracker honoring the second season of this fantasy drama.  I love the character of Tyrion Lannister so I immediately gravitated to him as my image.  Unfortunately, we are all our own worst critics and I don't think this one came out as well as I had hoped.  I know if i was to do this again, it would have come out much better than it did.  I was trying something different with the card stock and going with a more old ancient weathered look.  The coloring I did with Prismacolor markers.  The only thing i did enjoy with this card was the way it was presented.  I had found some small brown envelopes and also found a lion wax seal online.  I ended up enclosing the card in the envelopes with this seal on the back and i also carved the Lannister family sigil on the front of the envelope.  So overall it was a fun piece.  I just wish the carve turned out a little bit better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment