Monday, November 14, 2011

American Pickers: B & M Railroad Lantern
This was for the American Picker tracker.
The television show, which showcases hidden treasures found within backyards and barns, is a favorite of mine.  I love antiques and historical items and so it was just natural pick for me to do this series.  I had so many ideas and it was hard for me to narrow down my choice.  I ended up just gravitating to these old lanterns that were used during the heyday of railroads.  This was not an item that is usually featured on the show but i just liked the history behind it.  I tried to make the glass case stand out a little with the color and have some copper color accent the handles.  In the end it could have been smaller carve and could have been designed a bit better but it was a decent card.

No comments:

Post a Comment