Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Wizard of Oz: Crystal Ball
This carve was a little tough for me. I just couldn't get good images from the film to use as references. It took me a while to try and find a good picture of the base for the witches crystal ball. Then i tried a few different types of papers for the ball itself. I tried embossing on silver shiny paper, but didn't take the ink as well. I tried a slightly light grey card stock which seemed to work well with ink and passed as crystal. I was not as pleased with the eventual carve of Toto but you can still tell it is him and Dorothy didn't come out too bad. My monkey base didn't have the depth i would have liked but in the end it wasn't a bad card. I used a sparkling green sticker paper for the background which is a little tough to see on screen but it does shimmer when tilted and adds a nice touch to the overall design.

No comments:

Post a Comment